More worriesome than that was the news that Mat Gamel is lost for the season with a torn ACL and our biggest star, Ryan Braun, left the game with an injury. It was a tight achilles tendon according to Ron Roenicke in his post game press conference, but still not a good piece of news for a team that could use hitting of any sort at this point.
MIL: Yovanni Gallardo (1-3, 5.79 ERA): 6IP, 7H, 3R, 3ER, 3BB, 4K (103 pitches, 59 strikes)
SD: Jeff Suppan (1-0, 0.00 ERA): 5IP, 4H, 0R, 0ER, 2BB, 2K (74 pitches, 44 strikes)
- Milwkaukee managed just 4 hits off of Suppan as he frustrated the Brewers bats with his off speed stuff in his first start in the big leagues since 2010.
- All the Padres runs came in the bottom of the 3rd inning off of Gallardo, otherwise he was able to get some defense behind him to help the loss of command. Gallardo simply hasn't had his normal curveball all season long and it's been killing him.
- Simply put this series was about as brutal a hitting performance as you can get. Take away Ryan Braun's awesome 4-5 night in the series opener and the Brewers managed all of 2 runs for the entire series and that's a definite cause for concern if you ask me.
- It was the first series victory for the Padres this season.
- I am so disgusted by this performance I'm just done... seriously sick to my stomach at how bad this series was and I really hope we don't ever see another back-to-back shutout again this season!