Series Preview: Brewers (16-15) @ Marlins (17-14)
Tuesday, 5/06, 6:10 p.m. CT: RHP Jeff Suppan (1-1, 5.19) vs. LHP Scott Olsen (3-1, 2.70)
Wednesday, 5/07, 6:10 p.m. CT: RHP Dave Bush (0-3, 6.46) vs. RHP Burke Badenhop (0-2, 7.20)
Thursday, 5/08, 6:10 p.m. CT: RHP Carlos Villanueva (1-3, 5.56) vs. LHP Mark Hendrickson (5-1, 3.71)
Things to Watch for:
1. The Marlins have not seen Suppan yet in '08...can "Soup" return to his form earlier in the year? (This game will be Suppan's 5th road start in 7 appearances...his earned runs over the first six games were, in order: 2, 1, 6, 2, 1, 8...both the 6 ER game and the 8 ER game were on the road).
2. Olsen pitched 7 1/3rd scoreless innings, giving up just 4 hits, but 5 base on balls in Milwaukee on April 25th...will Olsen still be able to stymie Brewer bats?
3. The Marlins have also not seen Dave Bush yet this year...how will Bushie pitch now that the stress of not having his job on the line is no longer a factor?
4. The Brewers have not seen Badenhop yet this year...Badenhop has allowed at least 3 earned runs in each of his last 4 starts, and has not yet pitched more than 6 innings in a start. Can the Brewers figure out Badenhop early and get their offense back on track at his expense?
5. Villanueva had his last quality start against the Marlins back on April 26th...but has allowed 5+ earned runs in each of his two road starts this year, including 6 earned runs in his last outing...can "V" bounce back?
6. Hendrickson also had a quality start back on April 26th against the Brewers, but only fanned 3 Brewers' batters. Who will win this battle?
7. Can the Brewers win a game or two against a traditionally weaker team, giving them some momentum before starting a homestand? To do so, both the offense and pitching need to shine.
The Brewers finish up their road trip with three games in Miami against the Marlins. This marks the Brewers second series with the Marlins, and their first trip to Florida, as well as their last series against the Marlins this year. The Crew went 1-2 hosting the Marlins earlier this season.