Pitching Probables: Friday, July 18, 9:15 p.m. CT: LHP C.C. Sabathia (8-8, 3.67) vs. RHP Matt Cain (5-7, 4.06) Saturday, July 19, 3:05 p.m. CT: RHP Ben Sheets (10-3, 2.85) vs. LHP Jonathan Sanchez (8-5, 3.97) Sunday, July 20, 3:05 p.m. CT: LHP Manny Parra (8-2, 3.78) vs. RHP Tim Lincecum (11-2, 2.57) Things to look for:The Brewers try to extend their 3-0 mark versus the Giants in 2008, achieved by sweeping San Francisco during the Crew's first home series of the year.
- How will Sabathia do in his first road game with the Brewers?
- The Crew has not faced Cain in almost two years...will the bats figure him out the first time through to give C.C. some early run support?
- Is Sheets' pitching on three days rest sufficient?
- Can Parra finally find some success on the road?
- Will holding back Lincecum until Sunday for his first start vs. the Crew in '08 and avoiding the "Big Two" starters for Milwaukee be enough for the Giants to avoid another sweep at the hands of Milwaukee?